Blepharoplasty is a surgery that is performed to repair drooping eyelids and excess skin. The surgery consists of the removal of excess skin, muscle and fat through small incisions and removal of excess tissue.
You are a candidate for a blepharoplasty if you have the following characteristics:
- Bags or sagging in the upper eyelids
- Excess skin on the upper eyelids that interferes with peripheral vision
- Excess skin on the lower eyelids
- bags under the eyes
At Derma Clinic Spain, Dr. Sergiu Vieru performs this minor surgery in the consultation itself, with local anesthesia and without the need for hospitalization.
Despite being a minor surgery with hardly any risks, like all surgery it carries some possible risks, which are the following:
- Infection and bleeding
- Dry and irritated eyes
- Difficulty closing your eyes or other problems with your eyelids
- Obvious scars
- Eye muscle injury
- Color changes in the skin
- The need for follow-up surgery
- Temporarily blurred vision
To avoid these complications, the patient will have an exhaustive follow-up by the entire Derma Clinic Spain team, and must attend their review appointments.