Minor surgery is the set of short-term surgical techniques that are generally applied to superficial structures of our body. They require local anesthesia, so performing them carries a low risk for the patient.
The scheduled procedures, among many others, are:
▪ Drainage of nail bruises
▪ Drainage of abscesses
▪ Repair of skin lacerations (cuts)
▪ Skin cyst, abscess
▪ Skin Marks / Skin Biopsy
▪ Incision and drainage of an abscess
▪ Warts (verruca) destruction treatment
▪ Elimination of pigmentary nevus
▪ Tumor biopsy
▪ Benign nevi of the skin
▪ Moles, hairy warts, molluscum
▪ Warts on the penis and vaginal warts
▪ Spider veins
▪ Enlarged toenails (ingrown nails)
Cryosurgery or electrosurgery
Will it hurt?
Only the puncture to administer the local anesthetic will hurt. Afterwards the procedure is painless.
How long does it take?
This depends on the condition being treated. Typically, a lesion that is removed by electrocautery will be done in 10-15 minutes.
At Derma Clinic Spain all patients are evaluated and diagnosed individually in order to choose the most effective and least invasive technique.